Thursday 28 January 2010

Learning how to blog properly and apples new software.... the iPad

Apple has introduced their latest piece of software... the iPad. I'm on the fence about this latest release. It seems a good idea but it looks too bulky and takes away from the idea of handheld learning that we have been looking at within our lectures. If we want technology to be any place, any time, anywhere, then why do we need it to be so big! It would be hard to transport easily and personally I think it would take up too much valuable space. I think i would need to find out more about the applications and the potential that it has within an educational setting. I would also need to have a little play with it to really make up my mind lol.





I have finally learned how to blog properly.. well almost. Still need a lot of practice as I am rather new to this. Learned how to add links to webpages into the blog, this will help to make it more interesting for others to use. We were also looking at how to add in videos to help make what we have been talking about within our blogs more interactive and be able to be explored. I now know how to put the embedded code into the blog to show the related video to the point i had been making. Blogs are supposed to be interesting and visually appealing. I am glad i have learned how to do this as I thought my blogs have looked a little bit boring and i would not have even looked at it if I was someone else. I need to explore more of the settings and options available to me and not be scared about breaking the page or deleting all my information. Hopefully I can now make my blog more visually appealing and more inviting for people to come and read.
Piratepad was being used within the lecture today but we found out that the maximum limit of people is 16 and i could not enter the pad to contribute to the group discussion. There is also a version of the software called Primarypad. The main section of the pad would be good for using for brainstorming at the beginning of a lesson or a new class project. It seems to be a good tool for collaborative purposes and can be kept as a permanent record of work which can be used for assessment purposes.
Will post a new comment on the educational values of blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Well you are certainly becoming more expert at your blogging and reflecting on aspects. The use of links and appropriate videos lures the reader to your page rather than a large screed of text. What are the educationally values of blogging for you and for children?

    ReplyDelete